Skrill is a European online payment system that is available to residents of Nigeria and some other 200 countries/territories. It offers an online gateway to e-commerce merchants and an online wallet to individuals and organizations. Skrill started out named Moneybookers in 2001 and is based in London, United Kingdom with an office in Miami, USA. It is popular with industries including online betting, online games, and forex trading.
Skrill offers Personal and Business accounts.
- Skrill Wallet with 1-tap: a quick checkout page
- Local Payment Methods: these vary by country
- Credit / Debit cards
The Personal account enables users to
- Transfer Money: these transfers can be made to several countries and delivered to a mobile wallet or to a bank account with the funds originating from a credit/debit or the Skrill wallet.
- Shop Online: it is possible to make online purchases from hundreds of merchants across the globe offering products and services.
- Buy Cryptocurrency: users can buy any of Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ether, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, XRP and 0x, instantly.
Open Skrill Account
It is easy to open a Skrill Account through their website.
You would need:
- an email address – the address would need to be verified
- bank account – this would also help with verification
- a Visa / MasterCard credit or debit card
Skrill Login / Sign In
In addition to logging in to the account from their website, their Android and iOS apps for iPhones, iPads and Android smartphones are also very useful.
The mobile app is a very useful way to manage the account.
Funding your Account in Nigeria
It is against Skrill’s terms of service for it to be bought or sold through an online digital currency exchange. Thus, you cannot buy Skrill in Nigeria like you would Bitcoins or say Perfect Money. You can, however, fund your account via a SWIFT Bank Transfer or a linked valid Visa card.Skrill is gaining wide usage in Nigeria Click To Tweet
Buy with Skrill
Thousands of other merchants in Europe and elsewhere accept Skrill for goods and services. these include Lindex, eGifter, Ethiopian Airlines, Skype, oponeo etc.
Yes. It is available to use by residents of Nigeria.
You can deposit either with your Visa or Mastercard credit or debit – or with your bank account by wire transfer.
If you withdraw via wire transfer (SWIFT), this will take between 2 and 7 business days depending on your bank.
Considering the fees, it is a good idea to keep your withdrawals to a minimum of $100.
You can receive money from other Skrill users either by having them send money to you directly or through a cart on your website.
Yes, you can but it is a better experience to use it with a bank account.
Skrill accepts Mastercard and Visa cards.
This is subjective and depends on the use-case.
This is available to residents of Europe only.
You can only withdraw to supported Visa cards.