You may read about the .NG Domain Names for State and Local Governments in Nigeria.
The availability of .gov.ng registration is strictly regulated and is open to the Executive, Legislative and Judiciary in following levels only:
- The Federal Government of Nigeria, Federal Ministries and other departments;
- Any of the 36 State Governments in Nigeria, their State Ministries or State Government institutions;
- Any of the 774 Local Governments in the Nigerian Federation;
- All .gov.ng domain applications need to be vetted and expressly approved by a Federal Government agency in Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.
Registrations on the .gov.ng SLD would be both on the 3LD and the 4LD. Registration at the 3LD is ONLY permitted for the following:
- The Federal government;
- The State Governments;
- Federal Ministries, Departments, Parastatals and Institutions.
For example justice.gov.ng, npc.gov.ng, ogunstate.gov.ng, nigeria.gov.ng, etc.
For registrations on the 4LD this is available for the following:
- State Ministries, Departments, Parastatals and Institutions
- Local Governments
For example, justice.lg.gov.ng would be for the Lagos State Ministry of Justice. Also, surulere.lg.gov.ng and surulere.oy.gov.ng would relate to Surulere Local Government in Lagos and Oyo states respectively. The 3LD to be used by the 4LD would be the State names as derived from the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Popular .gov.ng domains include:
- frsc.gov.ng - Federal Road Safety Commission
- fedfire.gov.ng - Federal Fire Service
- cac.gov.ng - Corporate Affairs Commission
- npower.gov.ng - N-Power; a Federal Government Youth Empowerment programme
- immigration.gov.ng - Nigeria Immigration Service
- ippis.gov.ng - Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information
- nimc.gov.ng - National Identity Management Commission
- firs.gov.ng - Federal Inland Revenue Service
- jamb.gov.ng - Joint Admission & Matriculation Board
- cbn.gov.ng - Central Bank of Nigeria